Trusts and Foundations
Trusts and Foundations play a vital role in ensuring our artistic and creative learning programmes are of the highest possible standard and help us reach the broadest audience possible. Below are some of the projects that this support has enabled.
- Support from Youth Music and five local authority partners and the University of York enables the NCEM to run Music4U - engaging with young people living in challenging circumstances across the region
- Support from the Mayfield Valley Arts Trust enables the NCEM to run a year round education programme including an annual summer school and the a young person's instrumental ensemble The Minster Minstrels
- Support from a variety of trust funds including the Noel Terry Charitable Trust and the Feoffees of St Michael's Spurriergate helps to ensure the long term maintenance of St Margaret's Church
- Support from the National Lottery through the Arts Council and partners including York Civic Trust, the Garfield Weston Foundation and English Heritage ensured the restoration of St Margaret's Church and the creation of the National Centre for Early Music in 2000
- Support from a private individual enabled the NCEM to purchase a new consort of recorders for the Minster Minstrels in 2012.
- Support from the Norman Collinson Trust, York Common Good Trust and the Sylvia & Colin Shepherd Trust will help support the NCEM's summer school in 2013
- Support from the Foyle Foundation has enabled us to purchase new staging and audio equipment - audiences are delighted with the difference this has made!
Information about the NCEM's education work can be seen on the website at www.ncem.co.uk/education
For further information on how Trusts and Foundations can become involved with the National Centre for Early Music, please contact Delma Tomlin, Director, on 01904 632220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.