Music4U is a Musical Inclusion project offering musical opportunities to young people under the age of 18 living in challenging circumstances throughout York and the Humber region. Music4U is funded by Youth Music with partnership monies from York, East Riding of Yorkshire, Hull, North Lincolnshire, North East Lincolnshire and led by the National Centre for Early Music, York.
*On Friday 27 February 2015 Music4U will host Music For Life, a major conference examining the impact of music on the wellbeing of deaf young people. To book and for more information, click here *
- Music4U will focus on offering high quality music-making opportunities for children and young people up to the age of 18, living in challenging circumstances.
- Music4U will particularly seek to advance the learning and development of children aged 0-5 across our geographical region by offering widespread access to high-quality music-making activities.
- Music4U will encourage talent and progression, endeavouring to ensure that all children with musical talent and potential, regardless of their background or chosen genre, will have opportunities to learn and develop in a creative, supportive environment, led by a skilled work force of musicians.
- Music4U will work with partners to offer Continuing Professional Development and progression routes to both young people and the professional musicians with whom it works, through all its musical activities.
- To improve the quality and standards of music delivery for children and young people.
- To embed learning and effective practice in NCEM and partner organisations and share practice beyond the project.
- To increase the number of sustained, high-quality music-making opportunities for children and young people, in particular those in challenging circumstances within our defined geographic area.
- To extend the expertise, knowledge and skills of people and organisations to strengthen and develop music provision for children and young people in challenging circumstances.
- To support the development of progression environments that encourage children in challenging circumstances to realise their full musical talent and potential.
This project has been funded by Youth Music and is part of Musical Inclusion - supporting the Musical Inclusion of Children and Young People in Challenging Circumstances.