AT THE NCEM
Events Duty Managers (freelance)
We are looking for experienced and dynamic individuals to join our team of freelance Event Duty Managers running our busy events programme at the National Centre for Early Music. The main focus of this role is the on-the-day management of our weddings and parties which are mostly take place on Fridays and Saturdays between March and November.
Roles and Responsibilities include some or all of the following:
- Managing the on-the-day running of the events according to the plans prepared in advance by the NCEM Event coordinators
- Ensuring the event is run safely being responsible for the health of safety of visitors and staff on the day
- Overseeing the successful running of the bar/drinks service, leading and motivating the team of Events Assistants on the day
- Ensuring excellent levels of customer service to clients, visitors and contractors
- Responsibility for looking after the NCEM’s grade one listed venue throughout the event
- Overseeing some set up and set down of the events as required
- Communication with the NCEM Events Manager/Coordinator before and after event
- At least 2 years’ experience in events/hospitality management
- Experience of managing people
- Punctual, reliable, hard-working
- Positive work ethic and genuine enthusiasm for providing excellent customer service
- Hands-on attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Qualified First Aider
- Qualified Fire Marshall
- Experience using AV, sound and lighting systems
If you are not already a qualified First Aider or Fire Marshall, we will require you to undertake training to obtain your qualifications before you start your first duties. The NCEM will support you in achieving these qualifications.
Rates & Hours
- Hourly Rate: £15.00 - £17.50 (depending on event) to be invoiced to NCEM at the end of each month, with payment terms of 14 days
- As a freelancer, you will need to be registered as self-employed and therefore responsible for declaring and paying your own taxes
- The work is mainly on Fridays and Saturdays for weddings and parties but Sunday and midweek evening shifts will also be available.
For more information or to register your interest, please contact Hannah Witcomb, Operations and Events Manager at email@example.com and attach a cover letter and CV including details of a referee.
Deadline for applications: 10am on Tuesday 1st June
The NCEM is available to hire for anniversaries, birthday parties, wedding receptions, conferences, dinners and musical events.